The thread about nothing

Funny, other sports topics, entertainment, world, etc.

Re: The thread about nothing

Postby Coin Flip » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Shooting the sh*t
Coin Flip
Pro Bowler

Postby Coin Flip » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Blowing off steam?
Coin Flip
Pro Bowler

Postby Coin Flip » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Counting sheep?
Coin Flip
Pro Bowler

Postby Coin Flip » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Bored?
Coin Flip
Pro Bowler

Postby Coin Flip » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Thats all for now.......I am out
Coin Flip
Pro Bowler

Postby Bert and Ernie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 pm

ravage wrote:We catered Public Enemies when it was filming here. No Depp sightings though, they wouldn't even let us on the actual set. Just dropped the stuff off at about 4am on the perimeter.

That film had a lot of promise, a bit underwhelming though, depp has as amazing career though!
Bert and Ernie

Postby the_captain » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Bert and Ernie wrote:Speaking of Pizza, I haven't had a Pizza Hut Pizza in well over a decade, and I'm completely fine with that. I prefer local pizza joints "mom and pop" type places.

When I came out to the Midwest, I was shocked that a lot of "mom and pop" joints don't sell chicken wings.
the_captain
Writer

Postby Bert and Ernie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

the_captain wrote:
Bert and Ernie wrote:Speaking of Pizza, I haven't had a Pizza Hut Pizza in well over a decade, and I'm completely fine with that. I prefer local pizza joints "mom and pop" type places.

When I came out to the Midwest, I was shocked that a lot of "mom and pop" joints don't sell chicken wings.

I remember your favorite restaurant is Buffalo Wild Wings, its amazing the growth of the wing industry thanks to that place, and how influential Buffalo Wild Wings has been to the sports bar industry in general. In the old days people would go to "hole in the wall" type bars to watch a game on usually one smaller TV, and now its Big screen TVs left and right catering to the different fan bases.
Bert and Ernie

Postby the_captain » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Bert and Ernie wrote:
the_captain wrote:

I remember your favorite restaurant is Buffalo Wild Wings, its amazing the growth of the wing industry thanks to that place, and how influential Buffalo Wild Wings has been to the sports bar industry in general. In the old days people would go to "hole in the wall" type bars to watch a game on usually one smaller TV, and now its Big screen TVs left and right catering to the different fan bases.

I wouldn't necessarily say they have the best wings I have ever had, but pretty close. I prefer Quaker Steak & Lube's Atomic wings to the Blazin' at BWW. I haven't been to a BWW in a while and it may be some time before I go back.
the_captain
Writer

Postby roadwarrior » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm

the_captain wrote:
Bert and Ernie wrote:
the_captain wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily say they have the best wings I have ever had, but pretty close. I prefer Quaker Steak & Lube's Atomic wings to the Blazin' at BWW. I haven't been to a BWW in a while and it may be some time before I go back.

Ah, dragged me back into this thread about nothing. Anyone following me on Twitter knows I'm a huge BWW whore. Wings are definitely above average but the atmosphere is what makes it.
I won’t lie. I love doing the Blazin’ Wing Challenge. 12 wings, 6 minutes, no drinky. Not only is the sauce possibly the hottest I’ve ever had, but they serve the wings heat hot so you can barely hold them. I’ve done it a half dozen times and won them all (ok, one was really, really close).
There is nothing better than to have a group of people staring at you, laughing, applauding, while I’m sweating my ass off and look as if I’m about to die.
The prize? A stinkin’ t-shirt. lol
roadwarrior

Postby Bert and Ernie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

the_captain wrote:
Bert and Ernie wrote:
the_captain wrote:

Ironically if I go to BWW, I'll often get other things like the Chili con queso dip, and will also get the boneless wings over the regular wings. I chuckle at my local BWW however, as beer there is usually about $2 more expensive than neighboring places with the exact same product. Last year the local BWW was offering $5 guiness for St. Pattys day, meanwhile the restaurant/bar down the street offered the same Guiness for a whopping $2 :shock: :dance:
Bert and Ernie

Postby Jaysports » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 am

Love the off-season! :D
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Peyton (Rivers)
Lacy, Ball (Spiller, Freeman)
Marshall, Garçon, Jordy (Hilton)
Graham

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Jaysports
Admin

Postby RobertBobson » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 am

Dunno where else to put this, doesn't seem new thread worthy..

I just had the shortest jury duty ever. I was really excited about the prospect of serving on a jury, as it seems fun. But when they announced that the charge was "possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute" i knew there was zero chance that I would make this jury. First of all, I have longish hair and a duck dynasty-esque beard, so I have a look of being pot friendly.

So they called 27 of us up there, and started interviewing us. the very first question the prosecutor asked was " do any of you think marijuana should be legalized" and only 4 of us, including myself raised our hands (LOLNEBRASKA). Now, I'm not a big pot smoker, I haven't smoked in years, but for many reasons I think it should be legalized, first and foremost being I think Prohibition of anything that there is a demand for simply creates dangerous unregulated black markets.

So they asked each of us who raised our hand why we thought it should be legalized, and if we'd be able to put aside our beliefs for the case. The other 3 said yes they would. I said that I would not, that I do not think I could morally sentence someone to prison for a law that I think is immoral and irrational. The prosecutor kept pressing me on it ( I don't know why she didn't just move on), and I said I'd have no problem with voting not guilty because jury nullification is the legal right of a juror in the cases of laws a juror thinks are injust (or sentences are injust) and then she asked if I was not instructed by the judge that jury nullifcation is to be considered, would I be able to put it aside. I said I do not believe the right to jury nullification is one an individual judge could grant or deny. Then she moved on. I think she could have throttled me. The defense attorney just smirked at me, knowing I'd have zero chance of being on the jury.

So I had to sit through another like hour of questions by the prosecutor, and after it was over , she asked for a side bar, but before she did, the judge dismissed me. LOL. The prosecutor didn't even need to use one of her strikes. I don't think judges like hearing talk about "jury nullifcation" in their court room. I hope the juror's went home and googled it.

I would have liked to have been in the jury, but there's zero chance I could ever sentence anyone to prison over a nonviolent, victim less crime that our very government creates the economic incentives to commit in the first place.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te
qb Ryan, Vick, Kolb, Stanzi
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, hillman Moreno taiwan
WR aj green, DeMary, welker, Britt, Blackmon, Avery, Ford
TE Davis, Cook, Housler Allen
RobertBobson
Pro Bowler

Postby the_captain » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for sharing, Robert. Never touched the stuff and have no plans too. I certainly don't "look the part" either. But there are a huge number of laws in this country which are a violation of civil liberties that the courts have failed to properly evaluate according the Constitution. It would be nice if more jurors had that kind of conviction to correct the laws where the government has failed to correct itself.

I am very fortunate to live in the Midwest where the states (Missouri and now Oklahoma) are beginning to stand up for the rights of their citizens.
the_captain
Writer

Postby Bert and Ernie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Most potheads I know are pretty harmless, nice guys. The prospect of having guys like that go to jail for selling pot is just silly to think about. As Dan mentioned earlier, Pot is also much safer than alcohol.
Bert and Ernie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-FF Talk