Why I love Larry Fitzgerald

General Dynasty Discussion

Why I love Larry Fitzgerald

Postby Burgandy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Saw this on FB and had to share. I am happy to say that me and my good friend and co-owner of DFW Jeff "shamrock".."shamwow" Melbostad have been encouraging Fitz owners to be patient and wait out the QB situation in AZ as it is rare to ever have a guy of Fitz's talent level on your team and you should NEVER sell a guy like that at a discount. Fitz is the poster child of not only how to be a pro, but also how to be in life. Here is how Fitz is spending his off-season.

http://gearjunkie.com/nfl-star-larry-fitzgerald-s-adventure-filled-offseason

There is a reason I consider him the best all-around WR in the game, as this guy is not just an elite WR, but an elite person as well. Play each play like it's your last. Live each day to the fullest. I love this sh#t!! Go Fitz :jealous:
Owner/ Senior Writer at- http://www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Follow my on twitter at @Dan_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook
Burgandy
Admin

Re: Why I love Larry Fitzgerald

Postby roadwarrior » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Agreed.

People have been low balling me on him. Get lost. :lol:
roadwarrior

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:23 pm

I seriously don't doubt that he could play until he's 40, and at a pretty high level to boot. He's Rice-esque when it comes to all of those factors that make for a long, effective career.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,Bray,Barkley
2-4RB-AP,McCoy,Forte,Wilson,Miller,Bryce,CJAnderson,Ford,D.Lewis,Dunbar
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,Fitz,AndreJ,S.Hill,M.Jones,Bailey,J.Baldwin,Harper
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick,Fauria
D-Chiefs
CoachJankySpanky

Postby Bert and Ernie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 pm

roadwarrior wrote:Agreed.

People have been low balling me on him. Get lost. :lol:

To be fair, Quarterbacks have been low-balling Fitzgerald for a couple of years now :D
Bert and Ernie

Postby Wood Chipper » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 am

If Fitz would just go to a team that is run well then he would be posting Jerry Rice numbers.
My fantasy football advice page http://tinyurl.com/743eowo
My DFW articles http://tinyurl.com/c3qctpk
My FFW articles http://tinyurl.com/cpowdmv
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/chipper_dfw/
Wood Chipper
Pro Bowler

Postby ravage » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

I think you have to love a guy that uses the money he makes to have some adventures. If ever Fitz had a reason to be disgruntled and be a bad guy this year was it. He would even get on his dad and brother a bit when they got caught being publicly frustrated.

Class act IMO.
ravage

Postby Smash Hits » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am

I admire Fitz's character also and am happy to have finally aquired him on one of my teams (DFW 48). I think because of his preparation, work ethic, and attitude towards life and football he will play (at a high level) longer than the average. This is good news because it may take awhile before he gets a QB like Warner again :pray:
Smash Hits
MVP

Postby Thurmans Hermit » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 pm

The fact that OTHER NFL players go to his training camps is even more impressive. He's been doing it for years and almost every player that goes ends up being better when they leave. Hard not to love that guy.
Thurmans Hermit
Pro Bowler

Postby Shamrock » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Love it! I really love Fitz as a player and a person. Guy has the work ethic and character to be elite for a lot longer than the average WR.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+
Shamrock
Admin

Postby ravage » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Thurmans Hermit wrote:The fact that OTHER NFL players go to his training camps is even more impressive. He's been doing it for years and almost every player that goes ends up being better when they leave. Hard not to love that guy.

Absolutely true. All of it not just what I bolded.
ravage

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 am

Thurmans Hermit wrote:The fact that OTHER NFL players go to his training camps is even more impressive. He's been doing it for years and almost every player that goes ends up being better when they leave. Hard not to love that guy.

I wonder what he charges them or if the Cards are particularly happy about it. It does seem like it could be a conflict of interest when you consider he is making the competition better, but I have never heard of it being an issue.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,Bray,Barkley
2-4RB-AP,McCoy,Forte,Wilson,Miller,Bryce,CJAnderson,Ford,D.Lewis,Dunbar
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,Fitz,AndreJ,S.Hill,M.Jones,Bailey,J.Baldwin,Harper
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick,Fauria
D-Chiefs
CoachJankySpanky

Postby ravage » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:21 am

CoachJankySpanky wrote:

I wonder what he charges them or if the Cards are particularly happy about it. It does seem like it could be a conflict of interest when you consider he is making the competition better, but I have never heard of it being an issue.

As far as I can tell from what I've read the camps are "informal", players can drop in for a day or several whatever they want. I don't think he charges anything, not sure though. He has an arrangement worked out with The University of Minnesota to use facilities there.

As far as the Cards go I don't think they mind since, although not required, their players are encouraged to attend and Fitz will call out players from his own team who he feels should be there. The latest being Floyd who did show up later.

What started out as Larry and 3 friends had 50 participants last summer. Now it's not just WRs either. QBs, RBs, and if I remember right, although I can't find proof, a few O-Linemen have showed up too. The workouts are informal but intense. Just ask Tavaris Jackson who lost his breakfast during a workout last year.

Even others attend. John Gruden has been there to work with the QBs. Michael Irvin has helped out with the WRs. The NFL will miss a lot if Larry discontinues these when he retires.
ravage

Return to Dynasty Warehouse Discussion