need more advise

Trade Advice or Team Help

need more advise

Postby puma246 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:56 pm

its a 2 point per reception league and team is in my signature

well the owner that had Decker already traded pick 1.01 away so I figure 1.04 wouldnt be of must interest to him so I offered miller then he left a trade note saying if I added hillman and my 2015 second round pick then it would interest him more but im trying to see if their is anything I can put in Ronnie Hillmans place because then my depth at RB would be hurt again or should I just offer it? here are my lineup needs again 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1. the only thing that is holding me back from doing it is that it would hurt my RB depth I figrue I can afford 1 rb to go down because I could replace him with a wr but more then one and well yea am I over thinking this again?
Kaepernick,Josh Freeman,
Darren Sproles,Jamal Charles, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman, alfred Morris, Lattimore
Calvin Johnson,Crabtree,Eric Decker, Malcom Floyd, Vincent Jackson,Victor Cruz, Steve Smith,Greg Little
Graham,Jordan Reed,Jordan Cameron
puma246
Mascot

Re: need more advise

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 pm

I wouldn't trade Miller, I would rather trade the 1.04. I wouldn't assume that just because he traded the 1.01that he wouldn't be interested in the 1.04. I think Miller and Decker's values are similar and would give the edge to Miller so I would not add anything. I would probably want a little in return if I were you. Not only that, but your WRs look to be fine. Doing the trade would only put your RBs in the same position your WRs are in now, lacking desired depth. I believe depth at RB is more important than WR due to the rigors of the position.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
2-4RB-AP,McCoy,Forte,Miller,Bryce,Anderson,Dunbar,Seastrunk,D.Williams,Josey
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,A.Brown,Fitz,Blackmon,Hill,Bailey,Lee,Janis
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick,Fauria,T.Thompson
K-Gould
D-Texans
CoachJankySpanky

Postby gglass24 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

CoachJankySpanky wrote:I wouldn't trade Miller, I would rather trade the 1.04. I wouldn't assume that just because he traded the 1.01that he wouldn't be interested in the 1.04. I think Miller and Decker's values are similar and would give the edge to Miller so I would not add anything. I would probably want a little in return if I were you. Not only that, but your WRs look to be fine. Doing the trade would only put your RBs in the same position your WRs are in now, lacking desired depth. I believe depth at RB is more important than WR due to the rigors of the position.

Pretty much agree with everything here. There is nobody in this draft I would take over Miller at this point, so the 1.4 pick would not be enough for me to move Miller straight up for. Your team is better if you just pass on this move.
You can't fix stupid.
gglass24
Madden Cover

Postby puma246 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:16 pm

yea I might move on from decker because the asking price might be to high. maybe the person that got dez bryant will take miller and 1.03 for him since he is deep at wr as is
Kaepernick,Josh Freeman,
Darren Sproles,Jamal Charles, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman, alfred Morris, Lattimore
Calvin Johnson,Crabtree,Eric Decker, Malcom Floyd, Vincent Jackson,Victor Cruz, Steve Smith,Greg Little
puma246
Mascot

Postby Shamrock » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 pm

puma246 wrote:yea I might move on from decker because the asking price might be to high. maybe the person that got dez bryant will take miller and 1.03 for him since he is deep at wr as is

Now that would be a good get.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+
Shamrock
Admin

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 pm

puma246 wrote:yea I might move on from decker because the asking price might be to high. maybe the person that got dez bryant will take miller and 1.03 for him since he is deep at wr as is

Now you're onto something. I'd offer Miller and the 1.04 first and he can always counter with the 1.03. I've found that giving yourself at least a little wiggle room is always the way to go so as not to overpay too much because the other owner is almost always going to ask for a little more.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
K-Gould
D-Texans
CoachJankySpanky

Postby the_captain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 am

Given the scoring format, I am going to assume that someone is going to overpay for Sproles. Offer him straight up for Decker. You need to move him now as he will be hitting age 30 before the start of the season. You would almost surely need to add something but this would be an excellent deal if you can get it done.
the_captain
Writer

Postby jordanzs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:35 am

Sproles was the #8 RB in his league last year, scoring more points than Lynch or Morris. I would ride that production off into the sunset, and build an army of Sproles-like clones underneath. And i think Sproles has another 2 years in him.
jordanzs

Postby the_captain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

jordanzs wrote:Sproles was the #8 RB in his league last year, scoring more points than Lynch or Morris. I would ride that production off into the sunset, and build an army of Sproles-like clones underneath. And i think Sproles has another 2 years in him.

I don't. I fully expect that Sproles will very quickly decline starting this season. I pretty much beat this horse to death with Fred Jackson a year ago against a lot of resistance. Age is the #1 factor for player decline and holding an RB until their age 30 (and beyond) is a near guaranteed loss of production and value.
the_captain
Writer

Postby jordanzs » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 pm

I guess that I view Sproles as a unique player in that he'll age as a WR rather than an RB. To me he's a WR that u can plug into your RB slot. We'll see though :)
jordanzs

Postby jordanzs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am

Btw, decker scored more points in your league than ray rice or Arian foster. Do you think that Lamar miller or hillman will be as studly as rice or foster?
jordanzs

Postby Jaysports » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:52 am

jordanzs wrote:I guess that I view Sproles as a unique player in that he'll age as a WR rather than an RB. To me he's a WR that u can plug into your RB slot. We'll see though :)

Agreed, he doesn't take the normal punishment and wear and tear that your typical workhorse RB does. I treat Him as a WR too and I think he can play at a high level until age 33 or so, and as long as he's a Saint his production should be low-end RB1 numbers. He's a player to add cheaply right now imo due to the age concerns out there.
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Peyton (Rivers)
Lacy, Ball (Spiller, Freeman)
Marshall, Garçon, Jordy (Hilton)
Graham

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Jaysports
Admin

Postby puma246 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 am

ok so the guy that has Randall Cobb been dying to get Jamal Charles should I do a straight up trade or na?
Kaepernick,Josh Freeman,
puma246
Mascot

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am

puma246 wrote:ok so the guy that has Randall Cobb been dying to get Jamal Charles should I do a straight up trade or na?

No. Charles is worth quite a bit more.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
K-Gould
D-Texans
CoachJankySpanky

Postby puma246 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm

is this to much to offer for dez Bryant. Miller pick 1.04 and 5.04 next years 2nd and 4th round pick and 2015 2nd round pick?
Kaepernick,Josh Freeman,
puma246
Mascot

Next

Return to Dynasty War Room