Any potential for a deal here?

Trade Advice or Team Help

Any potential for a deal here?

Postby glipp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:35 pm

I am in a 12 team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 DEF, my 2013 draft picks, include the 1.1 and 2.1, and the 3.10, 4.01, 4.08 and 5.07. My team is below, along with his team. He is wanting Kaepernick and Wilson from me, and I actually like Kaepernick better than RGIII (knee worries me), and I am not seeing a deal for Wilson here (yes I am a Wilson believer). Anyone see potential for a different deal that would help us both? I was struggling myself.

My team:
Kaepernick, Schaub,
TRICH, F. Gore, D. Wilson,, R. Williams, I. Redman, L. Blount, L. Dunbar (DAL)
A.J. Green, D. Bowe, M. Austin, S. Smith (CAR), T.Y. Hilton, T. Young, L. Jean, J. Simpson, D. Johnson (PHI)
J. Graham, G. Olsen,
GB, Pats

His team:
RGIII, R. Tanehill, Tebow, T.Pryor
SJAX, L. Miller, B. Wells, A. Brown (NYG), B. Brown, J. Bell, J. Starks
B. Marshall, M. Wallace, E. Decker, S. Hill, D. Alexander, D. Avery
Gronk, C.Fleener, B. Myers
Doesn't matter
Picks 2.02, 2.05, 2.08, 3.01, 3.03, 4.11, 5.11
Last edited by glipp on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
glipp
Pro Bowler

Re: Any potential for a deal here?

Postby buckeye » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Make him pay.

Using the injury concern, you can make the case for Kap being worth more than RG III. Wilson is worth more than Miller. I'd ask for a Marshall/Austin swap to make up the difference. He probably won't take it and if he doesn't, walk away. I don't see anything else from his team that makes me want to give those two up.
buckeye
Madden Cover

Postby glipp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm

buckeye wrote:Make him pay.

Using the injury concern, you can make the case for Kap being worth more than RG III. Wilson is worth more than Miller. I'd ask for a Marshall/Austin swap to make up the difference. He probably won't take it and if he doesn't, walk away. I don't see anything else from his team that makes me want to give those two up.

Yeah, not a bad suggestion. My problem is I see RGIII as ultimately another M. Vick type QB (prone to injuries due to his style and size), the knee also concerns me. I really do like Kaepernick better. I think Wilson can be another Spiller and I don't see this with Miller. Giving these 2 up isn't worth the upgrade to Marshall for me. Other thoughts?
glipp
Pro Bowler

Postby Burgandy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 pm

I agree with Buckeye here. Kaep + Wilson + Austin for RG3+ Miller +Bmarsh and 2.02 even then I would be a little hesitant, but I could do that for Kaep and Wilson
Owner/ Senior Writer at- http://www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Follow my on twitter at @Dan_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook
Burgandy
Admin

Postby glipp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Burgandy wrote:

I agree with Buckeye here. Kaep + Wilson + Austin for RG3+ Miller +Bmarsh and 2.02 even then I would be a little hesitant, but I could do that for Kaep and Wilson

Hmmmm....well I don't see RGIII being ready to start the season, so that leaves me with Schaub as my starter. Other problem is I don't have the confidence in Miller turning into the RB 2 I will need, possibly as early as this season, but definitely by next season to replace Gore. Also kills me at the RB spot if Miller doesn't pan out. I have alot more confidence in Wilson panning out than I do Miller. Anyone agree, or am I just off here? Should I propose the above deal for my team if I can get it done?
glipp
Pro Bowler

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 am

I think he's a good trade partner since you guys have similar pieces to make trades with. I like both pieces you would be giving better as well, but I think his two players (RG3, Miller) get him in the ballpark. I can't really see him giving up Marshall in the deal since that would really cripple his WRs. I'm sure many will disagree, but I could see working a deal if he would throw in what I see are three huge upside pieces (Bryce, Hill, Pryor) while you throw him your three worst players. So the trade would be:

Kaep, Wilson, Baldwin, Simpson, Johnson (or whoever you see as your three worst)

for

RG3, Miller, Bryce, Hill, Pryor

I could see something like this being doable and could really pay off (maybe not right away), although I'm not sure you'll like it. Just a thought.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
2-4RB- AP,McCoy,Forte,Miller,Bryce,Dunbar,Archer,Seastrunk,D.Williams,Josey
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,A.Brown,Fitz,Blackmon,Hill,Bailey,Lee,Janis,K.Norwood
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
CoachJankySpanky

Postby repkllrs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 am

CoachJankySpanky wrote:I'm sure many will disagree, but I could see working a deal if he would throw in what I see are three huge upside pieces (Bryce, Hill, Pryor) while you throw him your three worst players. So the trade would be:

Kaep, Wilson, Baldwin, Simpson, Johnson (or whoever you see as your three worst)

for

If the OP doesn't think Marshall bridges the gap between RG3/Miller & Kaep/Wilson, I can't imagine these pieces are going to convince him. I like the Marshall swap idea, but I like Miller almost as much as Wilson.
repkllrs
Madden Cover

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:33 am

Well he just offered RGIII/SJAX/Wells/2.05 for Kaep/Wilson/3.10. I never sent him an offer, but he just offered this up. Not sure he and I are in the same ballpark here.
glipp
Pro Bowler

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 am

glipp wrote:Well he just offered RGIII/SJAX/Wells/2.05 for Kaep/Wilson/3.10. I never sent him an offer, but he just offered this up. Not sure he and I are in the same ballpark here.

That offer is definitely a yawner. To move those two pieces you definitely need something that's going to excite you. Jackson and Wells make me want to go take a nap. There's probably nothing to do here except to force a deal or trade for the sake of trading.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
CoachJankySpanky

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

repkllrs wrote:
CoachJankySpanky wrote:I'm sure many will disagree, but I could see working a deal if he would throw in what I see are three huge upside pieces (Bryce, Hill, Pryor) while you throw him your three worst players. So the trade would be:

for

If the OP doesn't think Marshall bridges the gap between RG3/Miller & Kaep/Wilson, I can't imagine these pieces are going to convince him. I like the Marshall swap idea, but I like Miller almost as much as Wilson.

I don't think it's so much that he doesn't think Marshall bridges the gap as he never so much as mentions him in the response after it was brought up. It looks to me like he just doesn't want to let go of Kaep and Wilson. I guess I can't blame him.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
CoachJankySpanky

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 am

Please see new thread "Any potential for a deal here #2" as the discussion is now down to a deal around Wilson (Kaepernick is out of the discussion)
glipp
Pro Bowler

Return to Dynasty War Room