Any potential for a deal here? #2

Trade Advice or Team Help

Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:26 am

Figured I would start a different thread as now the team and I below are simply talking about a deal involving D. Wilson. I am in a 12 team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 DEF, my 2013 draft picks, include the 1.1 and 2.1, and the 3.10, 4.01, 4.08 and 5.07. My team is below, along with his team. The team below really seems to want Wilson. I have let him know the players of his I like are L. Miller, B. Marshall and E. Decker. I am pretty high on Wilson though, so it will take a substantial offer to get him from me. What might you shoot for?


My team:
Kaepernick, Schaub,
TRICH, F. Gore, D. Wilson,, R. Williams, I. Redman, L. Blount, L. Dunbar (DAL)
A.J. Green, D. Bowe, M. Austin, S. Smith (CAR), T.Y. Hilton, T. Young, L. Jean, J. Simpson, D. Johnson (PHI)
J. Graham, G. Olsen,
GB, Pats

His team:
RGIII, R. Tanehill, Tebow, T.Pryor
SJAX, L. Miller, B. Wells, A. Brown (NYG), B. Brown, J. Bell, J. Starks
B. Marshall, M. Wallace, E. Decker, S. Hill, D. Alexander, D. Avery
Gronk, C.Fleener, B. Myers
Doesn't matter
Picks 2.02, 2.05, 2.08, 3.01, 3.03, 4.11, 5.11
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 am

I'd shoot for Miller and Decker. Its a bit of an overpay on his part, but I'll guess you'll find out how much he wants him. I think you're holding all the cards in this deal, so I wouldn't budge.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
2-4RB- AP,McCoy,Forte,Miller,Bryce,Dunbar,Archer,Seastrunk,D.Williams,Josey
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,A.Brown,Fitz,Blackmon,Hill,Bailey,Lee,Janis,K.Norwood
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
User avatar
CoachJankySpanky
Moderator
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am

CoachJankySpanky wrote:I'd shoot for Miller and Decker. Its a bit of an overpay on his part, but I'll guess you'll find out how much he wants him. I think you're holding all the cards in this deal, so I wouldn't budge.


Maybe I should ask it this way, given the Wilson hype (and I am on that train, think he can be the next Spiller) and what people are getting for him in trade, what is the minimum you would accept for Wilson, given my team? I do feel I can contend this year by the way.
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 am

Wilson is a player whose value is very tough to gauge since he's somewhat unproven but possesses immense upside. Some may even say he has a high bust potential. You are going to get values all over the map with him. I'm not looking to trade him from my team and it really doesn't sound like you want to trade him from yours. You want advice but I can sense your reluctance to trade him. I could be wrong and would like to be helpful, but I just can't see you pulling the trigger on a deal involving Wilson. The seller's remorse could be pretty severe for someone as high on him as you. It's kind of hard to be helpful by telling you the least I would accept for him since my brain doesn't work like that. I don't think I've ever seen that question asked by a seller.

I would go in a different direction and suggest that you wait until that 1.01 is at peak value and try to get the best possible deal for your team to help you win now.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
2-4RB- AP,McCoy,Forte,Miller,Bryce,Dunbar,Archer,Seastrunk,D.Williams,Josey
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,A.Brown,Fitz,Blackmon,Hill,Bailey,Lee,Janis,K.Norwood
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
User avatar
CoachJankySpanky
Moderator
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm

CoachJankySpanky wrote:Wilson is a player whose value is very tough to gauge since he's somewhat unproven but possesses immense upside. Some may even say he has a high bust potential. You are going to get values all over the map with him. I'm not looking to trade him from my team and it really doesn't sound like you want to trade him from yours. You want advice but I can sense your reluctance to trade him. I could be wrong and would like to be helpful, but I just can't see you pulling the trigger on a deal involving Wilson. The seller's remorse could be pretty severe for someone as high on him as you. It's kind of hard to be helpful by telling you the least I would accept for him since my brain doesn't work like that. I don't think I've ever seen that question asked by a seller.

I would go in a different direction and suggest that you wait until that 1.01 is at peak value and try to get the best possible deal for your team to help you win now.


No, I definitely hear what you are saying. Him getting Wilson from me would be tough, and probably a definite overpay, I am reluctant to deal him, but if I could get a simply ridiculous haul, it would be tough to say no. I do plan to try to deal the 1.01, but am waiting until later, probably after the draft to start shopping it. Finally, yes my aim and mode this year is win now, recently traded for Gore and S. Smith, but I am not interested in adding any other players at the end of their careers ie: S. Jackson
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby jordanzs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Lamar and Decker for Wilson is a fair trade though, in case u pursue that route.
jordanzs
Moderator
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:30 am

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby buckeye » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 pm

I don't see how this changes things much from the original deal. All you have removed is RG III and Kaepernick. If you're a Kaepernick fan, those two are even at best. So, I'd still go for the original deal - Marshall and Miller for Wilson and Austin. Remember, he's the one asking for Wilson, so he clearly values him like you do.
buckeye
Madden Cover
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm
Location: Williamsburg, VA

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby Dobby » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.
DFW48 Team - Wichita´s Hall of Fame Squad
QB: Manziel,Flacco,Glennon
RB : L.Bell,Rice,Pierce,Brown,Turbin,McKinnon
WR: AJ Green,Marshall,Flash,Allen,Floyd,M.Evans,Blackmon,D.Street
TE: Ertz,Graham,Escobar
K: Vinatieri
DST: STL
IR: Bradford
User avatar
Dobby
Moderator
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Dobby wrote:I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.

It must've been full and you were the last stop. ;) Nice to see a different take outside the norm. It helps me to pump my mental brakes a bit.
12 team,non-ppr
1QB-ARod,Flacco,A.Smith
2-4RB- AP,McCoy,Forte,Miller,Bryce,Dunbar,Archer,Seastrunk,D.Williams,Josey
2-4WR-Mega,Dez,Jordy,A.Brown,Fitz,Blackmon,Hill,Bailey,Lee,Janis,K.Norwood
1-3TE-Graham,Olsen,Bostick
K-Gould
D-Texans,Ravens
User avatar
CoachJankySpanky
Moderator
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Dobby wrote:Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.


I like this idea, as you said in terms of value. It does leave me short handed at RB though and is risky assuming that what ever back I take at 1.01 will help me immediately. I could try to deal the 1.01 later for RB help though. People have thoughts on this?
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby Shamrock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 pm

glipp wrote:
Dobby wrote:Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.


I like this idea, as you said in terms of value. It does leave me short handed at RB though and is risky assuming that what ever back I take at 1.01 will help me immediately. I could try to deal the 1.01 later for RB help though. People have thoughts on this?

I think it's a great deal if you can get it in terms of value. I agree it would leave you thin at RB though and you probably don't necessarily need Decker at WR. Having the 1.01 definitely eases the pain a bit but there's still some risk there. I like the value enough that it's worth the risk to me.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+
User avatar
Shamrock
Admin
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Shamrock wrote:
glipp wrote:
Dobby wrote:Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.


I like this idea, as you said in terms of value. It does leave me short handed at RB though and is risky assuming that what ever back I take at 1.01 will help me immediately. I could try to deal the 1.01 later for RB help though. People have thoughts on this?

I think it's a great deal if you can get it in terms of value. I agree it would leave you thin at RB though and you probably don't necessarily need Decker at WR. Having the 1.01 definitely eases the pain a bit but there's still some risk there. I like the value enough that it's worth the risk to me.


Confused because of you mentioning Decker. You like Marshall for Wilson or Wilson for Miller/Decker?
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby Shamrock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm

glipp wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
glipp wrote:
Dobby wrote:Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.


I like this idea, as you said in terms of value. It does leave me short handed at RB though and is risky assuming that what ever back I take at 1.01 will help me immediately. I could try to deal the 1.01 later for RB help though. People have thoughts on this?

I think it's a great deal if you can get it in terms of value. I agree it would leave you thin at RB though and you probably don't necessarily need Decker at WR. Having the 1.01 definitely eases the pain a bit but there's still some risk there. I like the value enough that it's worth the risk to me.


Confused because of you mentioning Decker. You like Marshall for Wilson or Wilson for Miller/Decker?

Sorry I was referring to Lamar and Decker for Wilson. I like Wilson for Marshall straight up as well but think you're getting a solid WR and still a solid RB prospect in return with Miller and Decker so I favor that deal for your team.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+
User avatar
Shamrock
Admin
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby glipp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Shamrock wrote:
glipp wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
glipp wrote:
Dobby wrote:Unless you can get Marshall straight up, which would be a good trade value(but not exactly team-need) wise, I´d just keep Wilson. You got yourself a pretty nice roster with some nice talent being added soon via your high draft selections. If he´s willing to send Marshall, I´d do it and then take whichever RB you like the best at 1.01.
I´m not a fan of Miller, somehow must´ve missed that hype-train. I wouldn´t let go Wilson for him and Decker.


I like this idea, as you said in terms of value. It does leave me short handed at RB though and is risky assuming that what ever back I take at 1.01 will help me immediately. I could try to deal the 1.01 later for RB help though. People have thoughts on this?

I think it's a great deal if you can get it in terms of value. I agree it would leave you thin at RB though and you probably don't necessarily need Decker at WR. Having the 1.01 definitely eases the pain a bit but there's still some risk there. I like the value enough that it's worth the risk to me.


Confused because of you mentioning Decker. You like Marshall for Wilson or Wilson for Miller/Decker?

Sorry I was referring to Lamar and Decker for Wilson. I like Wilson for Marshall straight up as well but think you're getting a solid WR and still a solid RB prospect in return with Miller and Decker so I favor that deal for your team.


O.K. thanks. He is considering Marshall for Wilson straight up right now. I kinda like that deal better as Marshall is a top 10 talent at WR, and I figure I can move Austin/1.01 for example for a RB
glipp
Pro Bowler
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Any potential for a deal here? #2

Postby Shamrock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17 pm

glipp wrote:O.K. thanks. He is considering Marshall for Wilson straight up right now. I kinda like that deal better as Marshall is a top 10 talent at WR, and I figure I can move Austin/1.01 for example for a RB

I like that plan if he's considering the deal. Hope it works out.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+
User avatar
Shamrock
Admin
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Next

Return to Dynasty War Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Sponsors
Podcasts
cron